Legal support to investment activity and changes in the structure of companies’ group or business processes requires skilled professionals with experience in such operations. This is especially relevant for investments outside Ukraine and doing business in other jurisdictions.
Our team provides support and assistance at all stages of investment process and/or structuring of business both in Ukraine and abroad. A full range of services in this area is also provided by our office in Warsaw.
An integrated approach to addressing clients’ issues in view of international practices, prevention of existing risks and using a particular jurisdiction enable to achieve results for development of our clients’ within the optimum time span and in a convenient form, without language barriers.
Our services include:
- Assistance and support at a pre-investment phase of projects, including:
- search and selection of investment targets (companies, production capacities, stocks, real estate, infrastructure projects, equipment, intellectual property and other assets);
- localization of a project (choice of jurisdiction, a special economic zone, etc.);
- obtaining of a permit of the National Bank of Ukraine to make investments outside Ukraine.
- Legal support to the investment phase of projects, including:
- negotiating (drafting of contracts, protocols on intentions, development and examination of other legal documents, development of special contractual structures, including those in view of optimal tax strategies, ensuring implementation of investment agreements);
- comprehensive support to the implementation of investment process (collection of economic, financial, and legal information on the investment’s target, due diligence, project planning, negotiations, obtaining all necessary permits, completion, etc.);
- assistance in finding external funding sources (European funds, regional programs financing business projects, bank financing);
- development of structuring plans (restructuring) of investment objects;
- representation of investors, including in negotiations with trade unions, and relations with government agencies;
- support to implementation of structuring (restructuring), enforcement of contracts, etc.;
- assistance in finding partners, staff recruitment, establishing relations in local business circles.
- Legal support to operational (post-investment) phases of investment, including:
- accounting and tax services;
- assistance in entering the Warsaw Stock Exchange or the New Connect platform;
- support to compliance procedures;
- certification of products in the EU markets;
- registration of intellectual property rights in the EU.
Our team has many years of experience in legal support of Ukrainian investors entering the EU market and international companies investing in Ukraine, in particular, in engineering, IT, light industry, food, chemical industry, telecommunications, trade, production of polymers, etc.